Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wrapped up in my down comfortable with a furry cat at my feet and a purring shorthair pressed against my shoulders, I found it so difficult to get out of bed. Should have followed my first instincts.

Even though I'd worn my big raincoat, boots and carried an umbrella, I still managed to get drenched. First the wind blew rain on my legs, then I got nailed by a hydroplaning Jetta and a speeding (but not quite out of control yet) Explorer. By the time I got to work, I was soaked from the thighs down.

My intent was to take the bus in, but I noted that none seemed to be passing. Since none of the stops are enclosed, I figured that I could either stand still like a fool and get wet or at least make some progress by walking.

By the time I got into the office, I looked like something a cat would've drug in. Since I neglected to bring a spare pair of pants, I had to let myself air dry in the cold office. Experience has taught me to not turn on my space heater here, as the electrical system is about as well-planned-out as anything else here. Last time I turned anything else on aside from my computer, I shorted out my entire cubicle block.

No comments: