Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What a productive evening I had yesterday! Got myself out of the office at a decent time, though not as early as I'd have liked. Ran a number of errands, pulled some weeds, got through a bunch of phone calls and correspondence, washed and folded the laundry.

Even had time to make a nice dinner for myself: stirfried some boneless turkey breast with peppers, onions, garlic and a tomato. Tossed it with some shredded carrots, romaine, chives and oregano from the garden, a taste of crumbled feta and a couple spoons ful of homemade vinaigrette. Not exactly what Sissy put together, but that definitely was the inspiration. Since I was feeling kind of springy, I broke out a bottle of vinho verde from the climate-controlled mini cave of my apartment-sized fridge and served that.

A nice meal with a little bit of green wine - how pleasant a change from the normal. Nowadays it seems that I'm more likely to just go home, have a bowl of cereal, and go straight to bed than anything else.

No comments: