Thursday, May 12, 2005

It's more or less official: my roommate is moving out. Where does this leave me?

Well...

1.) I could ask Hal to move in with me.

2.) I could look for a smaller place to have to myself. Before the housing boom, I lived alone for not quite ten years. I'd love to do that again, but it's still awfully expensive. Plus there's the whole expense of moving and the having to come up with first + last month's rent plus security deposit. I'd love to live alone in my current place, but I just can't afford that.

3.) I could try to find another roommate. Roommate hunting is so tiring and you never know who or what you're going to end up with.

4.) I could drop everything and move elsewhere. I'd always figured I'd stay in my current home until I was in a position to buy. That's not going to happen anytime soon here.

Stuff's not perfect, but moving is so traumatic. I've got so many other things going on at work, with family, with the guy. I don't really need this to deal with as well. Such is life, I guess.

***

(snort) Nick started a new home search for me. This place may have had potential, but it looks like it's been snatched up. I'd give my eye teeth to have garden space like that to work with.

No comments: