Wednesday, March 09, 2005

We're liberal, but not that liberal.

I'm sure that I've brought up the local media's obsession with our governor's religion and how that really, truly aggravates me. Perhaps it's because I grew up in an area with a high concentration of Mormons that I tend not to think of them as "Freaks" or "Abusers" or "Heretics" (all terms that I've heard in reference to them here. In fact, I didn't learn about what awful people Mormons apparently were until I moved to Boston.) Perhaps it's the native population's Puritan roots that has something to do with this obsession. I'm not sure.

Soxblog is all over the Globe's latest railing against Romney, and gives us some insight as to what segment of the population here they're trying to appeal to. (Folks who have a problem with religion in general? There seem to be quite a few of them here.)

No comments: