Friday, March 11, 2005

Take the Manolo No Poncho Pledge:

"I (insert the name here) swear on the head and/or the grave of my sainted granny to never wear, buy, knit, crochet, or fashion from the old throw rug, the poncho. And if the poncho it is given to me as the gift, I will graciously thank the giver and then, when she has left, put the poncho into the dog's bed and/or the trash as the case she may be. Only by doing these things faithfully can I help end for the good of the humanity the scourge that is the poncho. So help me Manolo."

I love Lion Brand yarns and knit almost exclusively with them. I have also availed myself of their free patterns on numerous occasions. I cannot abide by the surfeit of ponchos, however.

Personally, I prefer the knitted shawls and ruanas. Much more classically elegant than flash-in-the-pan.

No comments: