Thursday, March 03, 2005

Quick and Dirty

I was invited to a dinner (potluck) this week on very short notice. Work's been hell, so I've not made a shopping run for anything beyond the basics in a couple weeks. Luckily I had a few staples in my larder.

Leniwe Pierogi (lazy pierogi)

2 cans sauerkraut (drained)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms (drained)
1 box spiral pasta

Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Drain, add sauerkraut, soup and mushrooms. Serve either warm or cold.

There you have it. We don't call it "lazy" for nothing. If you're feeling fancy, you can always add sautéed fresh mushrooms or sautéed onions (or both). I've done both, with very good results. The basic recipe's quite nice, though.

***

Oh my gosh! I think that my pierogi recipe has found its soulmate over in this week's Carnival...

No comments: