Monday, November 22, 2004

"I need an ocean to teach me whatever it is I need to know, be it music or consciousness." - Pablo Neruda




I'd like to add to this something else: A mountain summit to help me keep my world in perspective. Saturday, we made it out to Monadnock for what I think will be the last hike until Spring. I was a bit worried about my left knee and my sprained left ankle and right foot, yes, but they managed extremely well. So as to get the hard work done first, we ascended on white cross (what I injured my knee on descending in September), and descended on Pumpelly and Cascade. The weather was perfect, with the predicted rain holding up until we were halfway home.

This image is to the northeast - in the direction of the White Mountains. Doesn't it look like some sort of tableland mirage done in watercolors?  Posted by Hello

No comments: