Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Road Rage Musings

To the lady in the Land Cruiser this morning who saw fit to honk at me and shake her fist:

I'm really sorry that I was in your way and and caused an interruption in your phone conversation, but, unfortunately, the sidewalks are not shoveled, and I can't walk very well in hip deep snow. No one else this morning (or yesterday, for that matter) seemed to have a problem with my being in the road, and I've been doing my best to keep to the side so as not to be too much of an obstruction. Perhaps the problem might lie on your side of things. Maybe you don't need such a large car. Perhaps you should not be on your phone while navigating the streets in their current condition. I wouldn't want for you to get into a fiery one car crackup or anything; no I wouldn't. As miserable an example as you seemed to me, you are still one of God's creatures, and I don't have it in me to wish ill on any of them. So...bless you.

No comments: