Saturday, September 11, 2004

Every day is a gift. Even today.

I'm not going to go on at all about 9/11 anymore right now. There are other people who are far more eloquent than I memorializing - please take a look at what they have to say.

What am I going to do today? Go out and enjoy the sunshine, the cool, breezy, almost mid-september day. (9/11/01 was a gorgeous day, I remember that. I recall going outside to get some air that morning, marvelling at the nearly cloudless sky, and then almost passing out.) This is one of my favorite times of year, and those bastards who sucker punched us then are not going to take that away.

If my leg is up to taking me there, I may try to catch some of the Sts. Cosmas and Damian festival in East Cambridge.

I'd also like to hit the Salvation Army in order to find a vase for a birthday gift (a literal bouquet garni for a friend who's an avocational chef), as well as to see if I might have as good luck clothes-wise as I did last weekend.

Of course, there will be a knitting project to complete, beautiful mossy green marmalade to gaze at (I have 13 jars of the gorgeous stuff stacked on my counter.), dessert-making for a barbecue tomorrow, and a choice of two films for tonight's feature. (Buñuel's Obscure Object of Desire or Bergman's Seventh Seal.)

Best wishes to you all on this gift of a day. I wish you either mindful enjoyment or a bit of ease from the pain if you lost someone near to you.

No comments: