Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Another great idea from Karen:

Instead of Halloween candy this year, why not Halloween toys?
She brought in the latest Oriental Trading Company catalog (fun, cheap party favor junk in bulk!) and we spent some time doing the numbers. I'm pretty certain that I could set up the neighborhood kids with some nice, fun little goo gahs for about what it would cost to buy a bunch of candy at CVS. Maybe even for less. I'd have more fun picking the stuff out, too.

Now, to get a move on with the costume. (Remember last year's CD drive? Didn't have enough then, but most certainly do, now. I can either knit myself a wig from some violently colored Salvation Army acrylic yarn, or buy one for $5 from the Trading Company...go go boots are another matter entirely, though.)

No comments: