Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Another morning commute in Somerville:

Union Square in front of the former Asian American Bank and Trust: a loud series of honks. I note that there is a van pulled over on the side of the road and a station wagon behind it, honking away. The driver of the van gets out of his car yelling, "You know me? YOU KNOW ME? Is there SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY CAR? What's WRONG with MY CAR? HUH? You got a beef with me? You think you know me?" Walks over to the station wagon, whose owner is still laying on the horn. "You got a beef with me? You think you know me? I'm Sean. Did you hear that? I'm. Sean. Now you know me. What the f#@! is the matter with my car? What the f#@! is the matter with my car?"

I just walk by, not turning around: Nothing to look at. Nothing to see. Mind my own business. Move along.

No comments: