Monday, June 16, 2008

The Frenchie told me yesterday that Monsieur Mon President was in the neighborhood - went to visit the American cemetery around the block from chez lui.



A view of Monmartre from Suresnes just in front of the American Cemetery.

He also thought that Bush was at Versailles, as on Saturday, he saw one of the special security trucks that the Army puts out when very important people come to visit.

According to this, Bush was at l'Elysee, then visited Suresnes (Mont Valerien and the American Cemetery) and the Bois de Boulogne. He also went bike riding in St. Cloud.



Lamp post in front of La Bagatelle in the Bois de Boulogne.

That tickled me to think that he got to see the same views of Paris as I normally do when I visit. I'm also pretty thrilled that he went to St. Cloud. I mean, Versailles is spectacular, but St. Cloud has a certain desolate, decaying charm about it that really moves me whenever I'm there.



Orpheus in St. Cloud. I love how the moss has covered most of these statues. It kind of brings to mind Shelley's Ozymandias.

No comments: