Friday, April 29, 2005

Today's been more or less a wash at work. Earlier in the day, we were playing photoshop games with a picture of Larry Ellison in response to something boneheaded that someone said about databases not being relational. Later on, we had a dramatic email reading. It would have been better if there were a bottle of rotgut around so we'd all be forced to take a drink everytime a business/tech term was misused. Someday, maybe I'll be able to look on all this and laugh, but right now it's so frustrating to have to take up eight odd hours a day producing nothing of consequence for people of no consequence.

Karen had mentioned a recipe that she'd been enjoying before we all got into enforced "clean living" mode: pomegranate martinis. I guess it's just a regular gin martini that you add pomegranate juice to - not a bad idea.

Am trying to decide on what my mom could use for Mothers Day.

Am trying to figure out what to do with the well over 120 tomato seedlings I'd started. I haven't enough room to plant them all and, as far as I can tell, no one I know wants or needs any. Lots of thai basil and rosemary, as well. From the old seeds from the Charlestown Gardening Club's spring cleaning - I've got evening primrose, forget-me-nots, vinca and dill sprouting. This weekend, too, we'll have our first crop of radishes.

New knitting projects - should I start another baby gift as it's spring lamb season? (Three babies at my office in the last two weeks). Should I work on a pair of socks I've been thinking about in a kilim pattern? Should I finish up one of the four or five unfinished WIPs in my project basket?

***
I often wonder if I'm not overdramatizing matters when I worry about dying like the bureaucrat in Ikuru.

No comments: