Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Socks Make the Man

The promotional posters expose a very distinctive pair of socks:



Which makes me wonder if he's not trying to follow in the footsteps of another beloved (real) French character with a very similar sense of physical comedy (we've often wondered if Sellers patterned Inspector Clouseau after Monsieur Hulot, for that matter):



Maybe I'm reading too deeply into things, but then again, maybe not. It might be worth the cost of admission to see, however, and a girl can always hope.

2 comments:

Yogo said...

Very observant! I don't think you're reading too much into it either.

Be said...

I will grasp at just about any straw when it comes to movies made nowadays.

It's funny, but the socks were the first thing that caught my eye on the bus ads where he's lying down the full length of the bus and you can see more of the stripes. They all but jumped out and bit me.