Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I'm proud of these, as my dinner guest the other night never knew that I wasn't merely being foofy by serving hors d'oeuvres for dinner.

Stuffed Mushrooms

1 8 oz package of white mushrooms
1/2 medium sized onion
1/2-3/4 cup minced leftover turkey
3/4-1 cup mashed potatoes
Small bit of milk or cream
Thyme, black pepper, salt, parsley to taste
1/4 cup grated cheese (I used gruyère)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Clean mushrooms; remove stems. Chop stems into small bits. Sauté mushroom stems with diced onion in a bit of fat (I could've used the turkey schmalz, I guess, but chose olive oil instead.) When onions are transparent, add turkey, then mashed potatoes and cook all until soft. Add a bit of cream or milk to thin mixture, if desired. Take off heat, add spice to taste, then stir in grated cheese.

Fill mushroom caps with this mixture, put in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until filling bubbles.

I got about 15 mushrooms out of this, plus some leftover filling. (I'm thinking that it might be good broiled on toast for another quickie hors d'oeuvre or snack).

***

Oh my!
Thanks to Fresh as a Daisy for linking to me! If you're visiting from the Carnival, welcome to my little salade russe!

No comments: