Sunday, October 24, 2004

Had a pretty nice weekend which included more finds at a book fair, beer, pizza, a trip to Salem, MA, baseball, and some nice lazy, catnappy afternoons.

Hennaed my hair as I'd figured on going to a Halloween party as Elisabeth Siddal. Didn't happen, so I'm just the autumnal version of myself. Heck, if the leaves on the trees can change, why can't my hair do so to match them?

It's definately soup weather. Did a clean out the fridge thing that turned out to be pretty lovely. I've got some slow cooking in the crockpot right now for the rest of the week, in fact. What ended up in the pot? A couple carrots, a couple stalks of celery, a cup or so of cabbage, some chopped tomatoes, about 1/2 a dozen cloves of garlic, a half can of black beans, a few spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce, a pinch of rosemary, of basil and of marjoram. Six cubes of veggie boullion. Oh, and some shell pasta.

Boil everything together until it's soft enough. That's it.

No comments: