Wednesday, May 21, 2008

After nearly a week of phone tag, I finally got to talk with the gyno. The good news is that my dystrophy is not malignant. The not so good news is that I'm not responding to treatment like he thinks I should be, so he's going to look into a second opinion. For the next six weeks, I'm going to have to give up the medicine.*

On one hand, I am glad to let my system have a rest from all this crap** I've been putting into it.*** On the other hand, I'm dreading the inevitable return of the pain after maybe a week of no treatment.

I'm not really thrilled at the thought of yet another stranger poking around my privates, but this does really need to be taken care of. Even if it's not malignant (and the jury's out as to whether my version of this dystrophy is precancerous or not), it's miserable and, if left unchecked, could cause some damage.

***

* clobetasol - a steroid cream - three days/week; testosterone compound three days/week. Sunday is a day of rest.

** The testosterone actually made me less uncomfortable about the steroid because at least with the steroid, I didn't lose my period, have my blood pressure skyrocket or start sprouting black hairs like cat's whiskers.

*** Have been on this regimen for a year and a half - the doctor even said that he didn't like me being on it for that long.

No comments: