Wednesday, January 03, 2018

When Life Gives You Melons

... you just might be dyslexic.  (Là, je rigole.  Take it easy.)

This Summer, Life dropped a Persian melon the size of a baby, along with copious amounts of coppa into my lap.  What to do?  Turns out that no one I know likes cured ham with melon, and I had enough for a crowd.

Froze it all to make time to think about how best to use.

Last night, was looking in the freezer somewhat resentfully, as the melon takes up an awful lot of real estate.  Decided to take a container out to thaw.  Since we're going through some serious cold weather, and the year didn't exactly start out with a bang, decided to make something tropical, fruity, exotic:


- 1 1/4 c. pureed, thawed melon
- 1/4-1/3 c. canned coconut milk
- 3/4 - 1 t. powdered ginger
- juice and zest from 1/2 a lime
- Polar Ginger Lime Mule seltzer
- crushed ice

Blend together the melon puree, the coconut milk, the ginger and the lime.  Pour this mixture over crushed ice in your highball / orange juice / milk glass, then add seltzer.  Garnish with more lime and ginger if you'd like.

Serves 2.

I forgot how unctuous the coconut milk was.  Was surprised at how perfumey and perfectly sweet for my needs the melon was.

This is my melon ade, I guess.

No comments: