Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dispatch #13:

(1.)

"Hey Little Bro! First of all , I'm sorry to have missed writing you last week. Was working a temporary job that was 10-14 hours/day not including the commute which was an hour each way. Am so glad it's over. I ain't as young as I used to be! How are you doing? Is the mouth feeling better? Hope so.

My garden's doing pretty well. Harvested some lettuce the other day for the first salad of the season. I also have peas growing + radishes. In pots I have tomato plants and lots of herbs (sage, thyme, tarragon, oregano, marjoram + lavender.) To be continued..."

(2.)

"Continued...

I want to grow cucumbers as well as bok choy. Love bok choy stir fried w/a bit of garlic, sesame oil mirin + either tofu or chicken.

Bought some peaches + strawberries for really cheap today @ the grocery store. The plan is to make some jam tomorrow if I'm not too tired. Am wondering if it would be a good idea to try to send you some. You could share it (or trade it) - whatever. Let me know.

Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Dave may be visiting me in 2 weeks. Should be a trip. They're fun in metered doses (snort!).

Dollars to doughnuts says that these postcards come in reverse order + none of this makes any sense! You take care!"

No comments: