Monday, June 22, 2009

Decisions, decisions.

1.) Pavel limits himself to one fill of the suet, sunflower, thistle and corn feeders a day. I can understand why. The sparrows make things much more cheerful and much less lonely, so am thinking of doing a refill.

2.) Can't decide between pasta with saucisson sec, olives and Parmesan, or with leftover roast chicken and leeks.

3.) Do I want to continue the Eleanor of Aquitaine theme by re-reading what I'd dug up from the basement about Tristan and Iseut? It's sparked something in me that I'd not felt in years. (Different point of attack for something that used to take up a lot of time and mental/emotional/physical energy.)

4.) Or, Do I want to read more on the struggle between Absolutism and the Communard movement and how the Gothic Revival played in with that? If I do this, I might have to read the biography of Woodrow Wilson I got recently, as the French stuff, in addition to similar situations in Austria/Germany/Italy/Spain at the same time got the US the heck into a nasty war at the beginning of the 20th century.

5.) Or, do I continue reading stuff by dead Greek and Roman guys? Bought myself a couple Loeb Classics the last time the Frenchie was around (Tacitus - on Germany, V.1 of the Peloponnesian wars. Can read Latin. Greek, too, somewhat, but it's much harder - which is why I got back to back texts.) These two are Fundamentals, and have read around both.

6.) Have been doing a lot of work towards the ultimate goal of graduate school. Took the history courses mainly to get reaccustomed to academic writing. Have been taking courses in accounting, finance, etc, as that's what's been paying my way since forever. Was looking into translation, as it's much, much more difficult than literature (my degree), so could be an advantage. Accounting/Finance is having the rug pulled out from under it in this country as I write. I enjoy it, though. It's peaceful. Am wondering about statistics, though (didn't take much of this in college, so would kind of have to retrace my steps). Then there's actual formal training in business analysis. I'm a decent writer, have a good grounding in IT, speak (and write) proficiently some important enough languages to be useful. What the heck do I do?

7.) Kind of had an offer made is looking pretty difficult to refuse in spite of my security and attachment issues.

No comments: