Friday, March 20, 2009

Just about a week ago, my dad let me know that one could actually contact my brother. Bought a bunch of cards from the post office and am sending a weekly dispatch out.

Last week:

"Hey,

Only just got your address from Dad the other day. Hopefully, you're doing OK. Spring is finally coming to Boston - you should see all the birds and squirrels in the backyard! I can sit + watch them for hours.

Am planning a garden in my new place - lots of peppers, squash, turnips and onions so far (stuff I save seeds from).

Take care, ok?"

This week:

"3/20/09

Hey,

Happy Spring! Here the sky's so blue it's like an inspirational poster. Maples, forsythia, crocuses are budding + in bloom. Birds are singing a lot(Gonna have lots of nests in the yard.) My allergies have started up big time.

For St. Paddy's Day, made bangers + mash, a soda bread and lime (jello) parfait for dessert. Actually, liked it better than the normal, routine dinner.

Am reading a lot: Edith Hamilton's "Mythology," Arabian Nights, and the Federalist Papers. Am also getting into knitting lace. Made a Spring scarf + am now making a vest for work. You take care."

No comments: