Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yes, I did watch a good part of the convention last night. Yes, I agreed with a fair bit of stuff the speakers had to say. Particularly enjoyed Giuliani's speech (was so refreshing to hear him say bring up the Republicans' role in the ending of slavery in this country; it's something that your average Democrat does not want brought up. That, or how many members of Congress used to be in the KKK, for that matter.) and, of course, Palin's speech. I do really like her.

Also enjoyed the roll call of the states, how many votes they were casting, etc. The Maine delegates tickled me particularly when they highlighted their habit of hiring strong women as senators who just happened to be Republicans, as well. Also was fairly amused at how many bitter-enders cast their votes for Ron Paul.

Anyway, it's going to be an interesting race this year. I'm kind of looking forward to it, too.

No comments: