Thursday, December 01, 2005

What I like about my neighborhood II

This morning, had to get up early for some pre-physical bloodwork. Made my uncaffeinated way over to the new doctor's office over in Union Square, got through the paperwork, waited. Finally, a young woman led me over to the little office where she planned to poke me, prod me, draw blood, etc. While doing all this, she made some small talk about how long I'd lived in Somerville, how I liked it there, etc. Somehow during the conversation, we figured out that I worked with her sister in law. Laughing about how small the world was and how many experiences we had in common due to this new connection made the bloodletting, the EKG (something I'd never had before), and the asthma test (another novelty) much easier to get through than usual.

No comments: