Thursday, February 17, 2005

I like quiet, and in my advanced age, I find that surprises or other grands bouleversements tend to make me ver-r-y, ver-r-y cranky. One thing it has not been lately is quiet. There had been murmurings of a reorganization in my department, specifically with my group, and I've finally gotten some solid word on that: at some point, I'll be moving back up two floors from the financial second ring of hell to IT (on the fourth). Aside from that, my responsibilities are going to be changed somewhat, or rather, be made more official (meaning, I might get a crack at rewriting the job description.) I hope that this mean a bit of a raise in pay, as, well, I sure could use it.

On the home front, I've been knocking around the house, attempting spring cleaning. My room is smaller than my dorm room way back when, and I'm finding that I will have to a.) invest in some expensive organizing system b.) trade rooms (or kick the roommate out entirely - not practicable unless I get a raise) or c.) look into renting some studio space for my wool, my instrument, everything else related. Anyone know of any relatively cheap space around here anymore? Preferably within walking distance? (yeah, right.)

On the personal side of things, of course you all know that Hal's been sort of reorged out of the life. Not much going on in that regard, as there are a lot more issues than just him and me or how we relate to one another. That's definitely broken. We're both dealing with incredibly stressful, dysfunctional workplaces, and just need a break to get real world stuff taken care of. That's what I'm trying to do, anyway. I don't know what he's up to. (sigh)

Oh! Am also looking for a new dance teacher, as I recently found out from my girlfriend Samarra that her teacher ran off in December to Argentina possibly forever. Since Samarra doesn't teach, she only dances, I find myself in a bit of a lurch at the moment. I'm hoping my teacher vacuum will be filled soon, though, given that I work in dance studio central.

Also and finally (for now), I just noted that April's only a month and change away. What does that mean? Take a look here.
Now, those of you who know me well enough know that this season is better than Christmas, Valentine's Day and the Fourth of July put together. With that in mind, I'd like you to take a look at my newly tinkered-with poetry month site and consider submitting a poem you like (with a little blurb about it). Doesn't matter what it is (well, no dirty limericks, and would rather not have readers' original works - put your own site together if you're a writer, darnit!) I've been doing a poetry shebang for a number of years now, and it's evolved quite a bit. I'd like to do a cross between this and a carnival format this time around. Drop a line and let me know what you think, okay?

No comments: