Thursday, February 26, 2004

Only 23 More Days Until Spring!

That’s right! Just a little over three weeks!

In my neck of the woods, the prediction for last frost is that it should be sometime in mid to late April. This means that, in order to give my seeds the proper head start, I will be needing to get them planted within the next week or so.

Now, obviously I won’t be putting the seedlings outside just yet. I’d like, however, to build a cold frame as a sort of intermediary between indoors and out.

I was wondering if anyone had an old window to spare – maybe you had yours replaced and are saving the extras for a rainy day? Usually I see these out in the trash, but lately – no luck. (‘Course not. I need one now.)

I’m willing to barter (some veggies, herbs, flowers…seeds, seedlings…jelly or preserves come fall…give me your shoe size, I’ll make you some socks...whatever *within reason.*) or pay for this.

Not nearly as dire, but also welcome, would be a bit of old lumber. However, I don’t want to sound too greedy…

Drop me a line if you can help out!

No comments: