Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Il faut garder la ligne.

My boss stopped by to leave me a handful of Dove chocolates. I told her to take them back, as I was now a single girl and needed to lose weight in order to find me a new man. The look on her face in response was worth two handfuls of chocolates.

***

Blues for a Wednesday Afternoon.

Lack of sleep, upsetting reading, memories of things in the distant and not so distant past, plus the prospect of nine days more of rain have a girl feeling pretty down right now.

There's nothing I'd like more than to be at home under my quilt, curled up next to another warm, hibernating someone. It's creature comforts I long for when I feel like this. Creature comforts and a good, long cry.

***
Insomniac.

After tossing about in bed, trying to count sheep and getting up for several drinks of water, I've given up. Can't sleep another wink. It could be that gorgeous chicken curry for dinner way too late last night. Could also be the gnawing suspicion that the fellow who was staring at me from down the street when I got home had been casing the house beforehand. Might even be that the rain's been coming down in sheets since yesterday morning. Went out into it once yesterday afternoon: it felt like a cold, pulsating shower.

I want to be tired, I want to sleep. I want wake up refreshed in a few hours and get on with my life. Can't stand this limbo.

(from Grimpen Mire)

No comments: