Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bad Food Days

I'm going to be off eggs and ketchup for a while, I think.

Yesterday morning, brought home a dozen eggs from a local market I've never had a problem with before as I'd woken up craving an omelet aux fines herbes.

Cracked a couple into a bowl and noticed something horribly wrong: instead of two yolks, there were two egg-sized chicks in different states of putrefaction looking up at me. Gagging, I transferred the mess into my toilet and flushed. Cracked the rest of the dozen into the toilet and found one other chick along with a rather large embryo. Even after scrubbing, airing and smudging, I can still catch whiffs of an odor reminiscent of that that I'd smell when my office was next door to a salmonella drug manufacturer and they'd be testing on dead chickens.

Today, opened my fridge door and a bottle of ketchup with suicidal tendencies lept out of the door caddy, bounced on my foot, then smashed itself on the floor, leaving the kitchen looking like a crime scene. Was so upset by this that I ended up losing the omelet I'd gotten earlier in the morning to get over yesterday's incident.

Needless to say, I'm not feeling particularly on my game right now.

(from Grimpen Mire)

No comments: