Monday, August 01, 2005

Harry chases spiderwebs like this guy chases rainbows.

I often head out with my camera looking at those things I encounter as an exercise to help me see things of beauty and interest. I usually do not search out subjects but lately I have been on a quest for a good spider web.

Saturday evening we were having dinner in a friend’s back yard in Portsmouth. The yard has several tall thin cedars that made shafts of light out of the setting sun. One of them cut across the garden and strummed this spider web…




Harry's narrative sort of reminds me of Hal running out after a storm last year in Maine to take pictures of the strands of aurora borealis that the rain on the orb-weavers' webs created. He loves taking pictures of spiderwebs and will spend obsessed hours doing so.

No comments: