Monday, June 14, 2004


Beautiful Saturday afternoon spent at the Arboretum.

Got to lay down and dream a bit under my stand of catalpa trees - the constantly changing rhythms of the leaves set against the clouds moving in the sky always lull me to sleep. (think of a visual equivalent to minimalism - John Adams or Phillip Glass comes to mind.)

Visited my massive plane trees (largest girth in the western hemisphere) and my stately magnolias (liriodendron tulipifera is the tallest east coast tree) - made the acquaintance of an amazing magnolia I'd not noticed before - magnolia macrophylla. Out of this world.

Snowy dogwoods and blushing crabapples were some other highlights.
I need to get back there more often. It's got to be one of my favorite places in the city.
 Posted by Hello

No comments: