Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My hair felt too long, scraggly and frizzy, so I decided to do something about it last night.

A girlfriend of mine who has hair similar to mine told me that she used a technique she learned about in an old Glamour magazine in the 1970s: put your hair into a ponytail at the top of your head, then trim the ponytail even.

I guess I could have used a bit more research before moving forward, but what the heck...I plunged right in (for better or for worse). The weather being humid as it is, I was a bit worried about looking like a character from The Wedding Singer. Instead, it appears as though I did pretty well and ended up with a lovely, non-frizzy cascade of curls down my back and framing my face. The girls in the office checked out the back for me and declared it all even and un-choppy. Even got a couple of compliments from coworkers I don't normally hear from.

Am very happy with my new hair and summery clothing: I feel kind of like Artemis or some other pretty/strong female.

No comments: