Friday, August 06, 2004

I love my friends! When I don't see them for a long time, it really brings home to me how good it is to have them in my life. A couple weeks ago, I got to spend a day with the Chumworth family. The other night, I got to see Monique after about a lapse of a year. She showed up in her new Isadora Duncan car and for the first time in my life, I knew lust. Had a lovely dinner at a little bistro in JP: Ten Tables. We were so proud of ourselves for choosing from the prix fixe menu, even though, with wine and all the little extras we got, it ended up costing the same as Evoo.

We're such different people but in a complementary way. I love her style. She reminds me that, though good organization and efficiency are excellent traits to have, that, though frugality is a definate must in Boston's economy when you are working in helping fields as we do, you really need to remember to take good care of yourself sometimes. I'd not splurge on such little luxuries or get to let the wind whip through my hair like I did if it weren't for her.

No comments: