Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Was fetishing the yarn from one of my Christmas presents.
Lace weight merino wool from Morehouse Farms in Milan (real upstate) New York.

Morehouse Farm

I believe that these folks were some of the first to have produced domestic cashmere. I've always wanted to visit them. Have always wanted to knit something from their yarn. It's a real luxury item for me, though.

Anyhow, I have enough heather gray wool to make a cardigan. It's going to be fairly intense, fine-gauge knit. Hopefully PBS will have a decent line up of good old movies on Sunday nights. Minimal seaming, though, as it's worked on circular needles. This sweater is going to be feather light. Wonder what buttons to use? Probably mother of pearl, as they're the only ones I can think of that won't overpower or be too heavy.

Gosh, I'm starting to salivate thinking of this.

No comments: