Friday, October 31, 2003

Tying up a few loose ends before I go away for the week. Pablo's got the animals. Have to do some packing. Decide what books and knitting to take with me. Oh yes, and what clothes.

I think I'll take the Bartlett's cranberry and peat colored yarns. Also the stripey project.
For books - I think I would like to take along the Debord book that I found incredibly cheaply at Schoenhof's. I have a love and hate relationship with Schoenhof. On one hand, they've got everything a polyglot girl could ever want. On the other hand, she's got to get a second job to afford it. Could not believe what they wanted for the Levi "What Happened to Daniel Pearl."
Should eventually pick up volume two of the Tocqueville. Make. Mental. Note.

So..."La Société du Spectacle." Check.
"The Death of Outrage." Yes, then I can leave it for Dad to read.
How bout "American Political Tradition," as well. Richard Hofstadter.

You can quiz me on all this when I get back. Snort.

Clothing's much easier to pick out. Jeans. A sweater. A few tee shirts. Maybe something black as well. Comfy shoes.

Okay, all set.


No comments: