Thursday, October 30, 2003

Gosh Darnit!

Andrew Sullivan is all man. Glenn Reynolds is a 'metrosexual' (a la Howard Dean?). They're all filtering their writing through the Gender Genie.

I ran three different texts through - two with more than 500 words, one with less than 500 words - and on all three occasions, the Genie has unequivocally declared me a male. I can assure you that I am *all* woman. A strong woman, yes. But all woman. It's getting me to think, though, on all the times guy friends and ex loves have either accused me of castrating all the males in my life or have said that their experiences with me have been the closest they could imagine to being in a gay relationship. Maybe I'm missing my calling? Maybe I need to be reassigned? Gosh, I hope not. I know firsthand how tough it is to change gender with the HMOs.

No comments: