Friday, July 11, 2008

Look at the Birds, Consider the Lilies -


I made a giant (for me) leap of faith today. Am going to be a bird or a lily for a while.

It feels pretty good.

***

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

...

And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,

I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.


-Matthew 6:25-30

2 comments:

Simon Kenton said...

Nolite ergo solliciti esse in crastinum. Crastinus enim dies sollicitus erit sibi ipsi: sufficit diei malitia sua.

I don't want you worrying about tomorrow; it can worry about itself. A day's evils suffice for that day.

Be said...

And yesterday WAS an evil day. I didn't have time to think about today until I woke up in the middle of the night to start the morning countdown.