Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Talked to the Frenchie today - he tells me to not worry, that the problems are limited to a small area, and especially, to take the police reports with a very large grain of salt.

Most of the news and commentary I've been seeing in the States has been panicky second French intifadah sort of stuff. Easy enough reaction, I guess, if you're not familiar with how things work over there (I'm not enough, the Frenchie is too much). However, there's a heck of a lot more going on than what's being allowed out to the press there and what's being filtered through here. I have a funny feeling that, like November 2005, a clear picture of what happened to precipitate the latest round of civil unrest will not be coming anytime soon (if ever).

I just hope it ends soon and that as few people are hurt as possible.

No comments: