Friday, September 26, 2003

Weird feeling today. Don't know if it's lack of sleep, the atmospheric pressure. Could have been my having eaten a muffin after two weeks of next to no complex carbs. Maybe a combination of all of the above. I'm thinking about next week and all its obligations and it's making me a wee bit jumpy.

Walked home after taking care of Pablo's cats, ran into my neighbors up the street - Sharon and Cynthia. Cynthia was dividing up the perennials and offered me a lot of different things that I don't have in my garden. I happily accepted it all. Their garden is one of the most beautiful in the neighborhood, and I know that the plants will be strong and healthy.

Cut down the mint to make jelly with. I was practically in raptures over the scent and the feel of the crushed leaves in my hands. So much so that I nearly drew a bath to throw it all into. Now what sort of bliss would that have been?

Also took care of the Deer Isle apples. I wouldn't know how to describe this little windfall I found in an orchard gone feral except as nuclear crabapples. Such beautiful little greenish fruits that made the most gorgeous, pectin laden juice I'd seen yet. It almost seems like a shame to dump all that sugar into it when it tastes so good as is...

No comments: