Monday, July 06, 2009

Was very pleased to see that my little brother received the packet of stationery I sent. Sometimes stuff gets sent back if it's determined that he has too much or if something's inappropriate.

Was very happy to hear, too, that he's been reading a lot. Told me that he's reading a lot of mass market fiction (James Patterson, Michael Crichton, etc.). Also said that he's reading something on the Battle of Thermopylae.

Since I can send books directly from a publisher/bookseller and his Birthday's coming up soon, ordered some to be sent a week or so ago. Got him a good translation of the Bible (hey, get past the begats & whatall and it's some pretty good storytelling), a dictionary/thesaurus, a collection of poetry by Longfellow (patriotic spirit took over there), Twain's Roughing It, and a copy of the same translation of Herodotus's Histories as I have. (Cosmic, that last one.) This all ought to keep him busy for a while.

No comments: