Monday, September 10, 2007

In my efforts to spruce the place up a bit during the roommate search, I had a bleach-related accident that left a few spots on the (relatively) new slipcover and a favorite skirt. Nice job, Be.



Though it bothered the heck out of me, I don't think that anyone else noticed (least of all the new roommate).

I'm not a big fan of patching things up, as this requires sewing and I have a block against that. Knitting, however, doesn't bother me. Eventually, decided on some lacy flowers featured on a scarf I knitted up a few months back.



Positioned them over the largest spots, gussied them up a bit with some embroidery, then worked little stars/blossoms over the remaining little bleach pinpoints.



I have to say, I'm really pleased with myself on this.



***

Next project will be to fix the black spandex skirt that bit it on the same bleach puddle. I'm thinking of working some flowers in pastel-colored embroidery floss on size zero (lace) needles.

No comments: